Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to Cakes by Crews! My name is Elizabeth Crews, and I've been decorating cakes for about a year. In high school some friends and I would often spend a random Friday night baking and decorating cakes. There wasn't much else to do in Northeast Mississippi where I grew up. Ten years later, I'm working on my Ph. D. in Southern literature, and I wanted a hobby that didn't include reading. I asked my mom for cake decorating tips for Christmas last year. She not only gave me tips, but she gave me a lesson by a close family friend who bakes cakes for a living. The lesson taught me a lot of the basics, but over the past year I've learned lots of other neat tricks. Once I got started, I haven't been able to stop. I love the way I'm able to be creative while also using my hands. It's has become a good outlet to releive stress! I'll be posting some pictures of cakes as I make them and take them. Many of the pictures come courtesy of my Aunt Kathy and my sister, Molly. They seem to always have their cameras with them when I forget mine! I hope you enjoy!

No comments: